**Post-Event Release** REDWOOD MEDIA GROUP CELEBRATES THE DEBUT OF ITS FALL SHOW, SPECTRUM NEW YORK, A BOUTIQUE, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART FAIR AT THE JAVITS CENTER IN NEW YORK CITY
For Immediate Release
REDWOOD MEDIA GROUP CELEBRATES THE DEBUT OF ITS FALL SHOW, SPECTRUM NEW YORK, A BOUTIQUE, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART FAIR AT THE JAVITS CENTER IN NEW YORK CITY New York – October 11, 2013
– Redwood Media Group, parent company of Artexpo, SPECTRUM Art Fairs, DECOR Expo and Art Business News, celebrated the launch and debut of its first annual SPECTRUM New York fine art show. SPECTRUM, a show that caters to high-end collectors, buyers and art enthusiasts, featured a juried collection of contemporary works of art from established, mid-career artists and galleries from around the world. The event took place at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center from Thursday, October 3 – Sunday, October 6. The show included semi-private, daily art tours and two VIP opening parties with passed hors d’oeuvres and complimentary cocktails provided by Belaya Rus vodka. SPECTRUM also featured a special exhibition, “live” photo shoot and book signing from Jordan Matter, photographer and New York Times bestselling author of “Dancers Among Us.”
The first-year show included several key sales and highlights for artists and exhibitors including:
- Marc Fattahi, artist with Paintings in Motion was picked up by a gallery in Long Island, Fine Art Gallery, for 30-40 pieces per year. He also sold three additional paintings for more than $10k each.
- Stygian Publishing sold “Dancing with Pomegranates,” a $95k piece on the first day of the show. They sold dozens of pieces throughout the show to a collection of clients, both retail and trade.
- Chicago based oil painter, Darren Thompson sold out at the show.
- Deljou Art Gallery, based in Atlanta, sold approximately 30 pieces on trade day. Two of the gallery’s artists who sold particularly well were Peter Kuttner and Craig Alan, which included a sale of Alan’s “Populus-Conseptual ABS” piece.
- In his first show with Blazing Editions, Robert Hartshorn, an oil on canvas painter based in Cleveland, sold several originals ($15k), limited editions (approximately $3k) and proofs (prices range) throughout the show to galleries and retail buyers.
- Six-year-old child prodigy and abstract artist, Shorya Mahanot, sold an unframed 24 x 36 painting, “Currents,” for $3,500
- Contemporary landscape artist, Mary Johnston, sold 24 paintings throughout the show: two 30 x 30; one 24 x 24 and 21 of her smaller square pieces.
- In her first U.S. show, French artist, Frederiquek, sold a framed 60 x 60 of “Gossip” for $7,300. Limited editions of the Gossip piece will be available and the artist will return to the U.S. for Artexpo in April.
- Photographer, Anna Paola Pizzocaro, sold three pieces, including a 37 x 47 of “On the Other Side of the Mirror.” Pizzocaro is originally from Milan but is now living in New York.
- Bestselling author and photographer, Jordan Matter, also sold two of his photographs at his first ever art fair.
SPECTRUM New York was created specifically to offer gallery owners, designers, architects and collectors innovative works by innovative, established artists. Featured artwork from approximately 70 established artists and galleries included original paintings, photography, sculpture, mixed media, glass and limited edition prints. Redwood Media Group is also organizing SPECTRUM Miami, which takes place during Art Week Miami and the renowned Art Basel Miami Beach, in Miami’s design district, Wynwood, from December 4-8. More information about SPECTRUM Art Fairs is available at: http://spectrum-newyork.com and http://spectrum-miami.com.
About Redwood Media Group
Redwood Media Group has a long history serving the global fine art community. The company’s full suite of fine art services includes fine art exhibitions, art business education, fine art publications, fine art mentoring, marketing and social media, and more. Redwood owns and produces fine art fairs including Artexpo New York, SPECTRUM New York, SPECTRUM Miami, [SOLO] and DECOR Expo. The company also owns and publishes Art Business News magazine and DECOR magazine. For more information, visit: www.spectrum-newyork.com, www.spectrum-miami.com, www.artbusinessnews.com, www.artexponewyork.com, www.artexponewyork.com/solo and www.artexponewyork.com/decor-expo.